Included in every room:
- Enclosed balcony overlooking lake
- Private shower/bath/toilet
- Toiletries (towels, handsoap, bodysoap, shampoo, and rinse)
- Free WiFi
Available at additional charge:
- Use of laundry machines
Included with every room:
- Periodic towel replacement and room cleaning service.
- Breakfast (buffet style).
- Softdrinks, coffee, and alcohol.
Row Boats: The resort has a few row boats that can be used by Resort Guests. Please check at the Front Desk to confirm times.
Kayaks: The Resort has two kayaks that can be used by hotel guests. Please check at the Front Desk to confirm times.
Sail Boats: The Resort has a few dinghies. For those that have experience in sailing it might be possible to use without Resort support.
Catamarans (Hobbie Cats): The Resort has two Hobbie Cats. Depending on the winds, and the work load at the Resort, staff may find time to offer rides on these for those that so desire.
Usage of all boats include responsibility in the following:
- Any damage is the responsibility of the user
- Any accidents can not be the responsibility of Nojiri Lake Resort
- The boats and all equipment related to the boat used will be replaced as found at the time of borrowing.
- NO-ONE will be on a boat without a life jacket at any time!
|Rides on sailboats are available upon request. Please ask at the front desk for times and availability.|
Nojiri Lake Resort is located right in the middle of various famous ski slopes. In almost every direction from the hotel there is a ski slope within 10 to 20 minutes by car. Last season the Resort was full of all sorts of interesting people during this season; beginner skiiers, professional skiiers, families with kids needing extra support for beginners, people just wanting to get into the snow, and on and on.
For those wanting to go skiing/snowboarding, the Resort can help you in the following ways:
- Rental equipment: We can help you get the equipment you need for skiing and/or snowboarding. This equipment includes, skis, snowboards, boots and other related equipment, clothing; jackets, gloves, hats ect. View price chart.
- Lift Tickets:
- Every year ticket prices vary with special package deals. Ask us about them.
- Each slope has its own price list, as about these as well.
- Transportation to the slopes:
- If you have your own vehicle then all you will need are directions. Ask us.
- Those without vehicles need not to worry, the Resort has a “go and come” pick-up service. We will get you to the slopes and pick you up. And, many times this vehicles circles around and allows stops at the local 7/11 and/or restaurants for special request by individuals. There is a 500 yen fee/day for this, and it does require some advanced notice so staff can plan for it. (These “go and come” pick-ups are for the following slopes; Akakura, Ikenodaira, Suginohara, Kurohime, Tangram, Madarao. Also, the times fluctuate depending on road conditions and numbers of people at each location.)
PowderHounds is also a great resource for finding ski slopes in the area, with up-to-date information regarding snow conditions, difficulty level, directions, etc.
For those guests wanting to borrow a bicycle for a short ride up to the 7/11 or even a ride around the Lake, the Resort may be able to help you with our fleet of bicycles. Please ask at the front desk for times and availability.
The bicycles will require your checking the brakes, adjusting the seats, and maybe even putting air in the tires. They are not brand new, so any one borrowing them needs to understand that there may be some difficulties.
Those that borrow them understand the following:
- The bicycles and any equipment related to them, will be replaced to the original location when finished using them.
- Any damage to the bicycles will be the responsibility of the borrower.
- The Resort can not be responsible for any damage or accidents when using the bicycles.
Nojiri Lake is quite well known for its sports fishing. There are various types of fish in the lake.
In the summer “Black Bass” is definitely the most sought after. There are other fish as well, in this season such as trout. There are two means for fishing these Bass, the first is to rent a boat, and the second is fishing from the side of the lake. Those people wishing to rent a boat will then need to decide what level of boat they want and/or will be allowed to rent. Boats that need licenses are the ones with motors, while boats that are paddled or peddled can be rented without a license. Rates for these depend on the Rental Fishing Boat companies that can be found all around the waterfront. Also, for those that don’t have equipment, this can be rented as well. Please ask at the front desk for which company is legally operated.
In the winter, “Wakasagi” is pretty much the only fishing excitement on the lake. This fish is fished in large heated boats that have troughs open into the lake water on both sides of the inner room of the boat. The person fishing will sit on a straw mat a good number of other participants, and extend their miniature fishing rod over the trough so that the bait may drop into the lake water. Wakasagi are known for being a delicacy in Japan, however, they are very small, so anyone looking for reeling in a gigantic catch may find this sport “different”. Also, the boats leave early in the morning from the various piers and don’t return until 3:30 in the afternoon, unless the boat owner has made special arrangements with you.
- You MUST purchase a daily fishing license!
- If you are out on a boat all day you may get sun-burned, be prepared.
Ask at the front desk for more information. Nojiri Lake Resort does not rent any fishing equipment but we do know where to go to get started.
Open: All Year
Open: All Year
Open: All Year
Open: All Year
- Naena Falls (20min, 11.6km)
- Togakushi Shrine (30min, 20.8km)
- Snow Monkey Park (45min, 40km)
- Hokusai Museum (36min, 25.1km)
Immersion English Offsite Experience
A Program for enhancement of business workers' English-language & intercultural communication skills.
- To offer an English-language immersion program that meets corporate needs for enhancement of English-speaking capabilities
- To deliver such a program in the attractive natural surroundings of Nojiri-ko and the Myoko/Kurohime area, as a destination for off-site training within Japan, with minimum travel distance from Tokyo
- To provide an “all-in” package including: accommodations, meals, local transportation, recreational activities, professional training content, & instructional materials in English
- To create a “value-add” experience based on an opportunity to practice English, with optional units including: Diversity, Team- Building, Group-Dynamics, Intercultural, & Leadership Training.
Mission & Objective
- That each individual participant will benefit from the opportunity to participate in an English-language environment, will raise their “comfort level” to be able to express themselves without hesitation, and will enjoy their experience, combining in-class with outdoor activities, in a memorable opportunity to raise confidence in their own ability to communicate in English.
- That corporate sponsors will see improvements not only in their participants’ comfort level in English communication, but will see an impact on team-work, group dynamics, & improved group morale.
- Lee106 Holdings (with its affiliate firms Lee106 & Lee106 Academy) will provide qualified & experienced professionals as facilitators of all events, with native English-speaking instructors and trainers
- Project Coordinator & Lead Facilitator will be Dr. David Satterwhite, former Exec. Director of Fulbright Japan, current adjunct faculty at Temple University Japan (TUJ) and Waseda University
- Project Team Members include: Mr. Thomas Carrick, Managing Director of Lee106, & Mr. Ted Skillman, Managing Director of Lee106 Holdings, providing institutional & instructional support
- Mr. Skillman taught for 14 yrs at the Gakushuin Peers School, was affiliated with the Ministry of Education’s Accredited Textbook Production for numerous years, & with NHK TV & Radio programs
- Additional training & professional staff will serve as co-facilitators for components of the instructional & recreational program as needed.
Get in Touch
Large Group Events
Overnight Conferences, Seminars, Private Gatherings, Company Trips
Nojiri Lake Resort is now taking reservations for group programs needing private facilities with economical costs. The “Resort” fits up to 46 people for overnight stays. Book the whole “Resort” and use the dining room for meetings, lobby for gatherings and deck/waterfront for private parties etc.
All three meals each day can be prepared by our team here at the resort or your group can indulge in handling the cooking, if so desired.
Presently, if your group comes by car then there is very little for our team to help you with other than when your group may want to have some drinks and needs to have delivery and pick-up from local restaurants. However, if you are coming by train, we can work on programs for transporting your group in and around the area if needed. Or, we can help you rent cars. Lets us know your desires and we will help you figure them out.
Generally speaking, all large groups received a discounted room rate. The amount of the discounted rate depends on different factors such as; total number of people, use of the kitchen, use of the dining hall/lobby/water-front, and the deck. It depends on if you intend to rent the whole facility or partial, and/or whether you need private areas or simply can share with other guests at the hotel. Other factors would be transportation requirements, food services and any further options.
What do you need to do to get this started?
Put your thoughts down on paper, send us an email with your needs for the event. (email@example.com). Make sure you have dates, numbers of people, numbers of rooms you want and anything else special to your program. We will then get back to you as fast as possible with some figures you can work with.
Look forward to hearing from you,
Nojiri Lake Resort